History

The History of Bamford Chapel

Bamford Chapel has been on this site in Bamford for over 200 years. The Church was founded in 1801 and has stood on this site since then. There have been alterations to the building since then - the Sunday School part of the building was knocked down and rebuilt. There have been additions to the building in the form of an extension in the 1980s and also a toilet block on the rear of the building. 

This part of our website will be developed and have much more information placed on it. For now a copy of The Revd David Wiseman's book entitled "An illustrated History of Bamford Chapel" is listed below. 

In the last few months we have been joined by our friends from Norden URC as their building needed to be sold due to problems with rot. They took the brave and courageous decision to close their Church building and join with Bamford Chapel using the Bamford Chapel URC site. 

Double click the image below to read David's book. We are indebted to him for his permission for us to use this book.